Ask Google

Custom Search

Q for us : "What don't you know and how you learn it?"

Written on 10/26/2008 12:20:00 PM by Indah Puspita Rani

Nice Question at the edge of Second Presidential Debate of United States. 
It's quite interesting that the question is not asking about financial crisis, nor war, nor healthcare, nor tax and any other stuffs, that always been pointed out in debate.

This question, I think a question for all?

Easy question, but till this entry posted, I am still not sure about the answer yet. (mine)

Take a look!

------


BROKAW: All right, gentlemen, we've come to the last question.

And you'll both be interested to know this comes from the Internet and it's from a state that you're strongly contesting, both of you. It's from Peggy (ph) in Amherst, New Hampshire. And it has a certain Zen-like quality, I'll give you a fair warning.

She says, "What don't you know and how will you learn it?"

(LAUGHTER)

Senator Obama, you get first crack at that.

OBAMA: My wife, Michelle, is there and she could give you a much longer list than I do. And most of the time, I learn it by asking her.

But, look, the nature of the challenges that we're going to face are immense and one of the things that we know about the presidency is that it's never the challenges that you expect. It's the challenges that you don't that end up consuming most of your time.

But here's what I do know. I know that I wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for the fact that this country gave me opportunity. I came from very modest means. I had a single mom and my grandparents raised me and it was because of the help of scholarships and my grandmother scrimping on things that she might have wanted to purchase and my mom, at one point, getting food stamps in order for us to put food on the table.

Despite all that, I was able to go to the best schools on earth and I was able to succeed in a way that I could not have succeeded anywhere else in this country.

The same is true for Michelle and I'm sure the same is true for a lot of you.

And the question in this election is: are we going to pass on that same American dream to the next generation? Over the last eight years, we've seen that dream diminish.

Wages and incomes have gone down. People have lost their health care or are going bankrupt because they get sick. We've got young people who have got the grades and the will and the drive to go to college, but they just don't have the money.

And we can't expect that if we do the same things that we've been doing over the last eight years, that somehow we are going to have a different outcome.

We need fundamental change. That's what's at stake in this election. That's the reason I decided to run for president, and I'm hopeful that all of you are prepared to continue this extraordinary journey that we call America.

But we're going to have to have the courage and the sacrifice, the nerve to move in a new direction.

Thank you. 

BROKAW: Senator McCain, you get the last word. Senator Obama had the opening. You're last up.

MCCAIN: Well, thank you, Tom. And I think what I don't know is what all of us don't know, and that's what's going to happen both here at home and abroad.

The challenges that we face are unprecedented. Americans are hurting tonight in a way they have not in our generation.

There are challenges around the world that are new and different and there will be different -- we will be talking about countries sometime in the future that we hardly know where they are on the map, some Americans.

So what I don't know is what the unexpected will be. But I have spent my whole life serving this country. I grew up in a family where my father was gone most of the time because he was at sea and doing our country's business. My mother basically raised our family.

I know what it's like in dark times. I know what it's like to have to fight to keep one's hope going through difficult times. I know what it's like to rely on others for support and courage and love in tough times.

I know what it's like to have your comrades reach out to you and your neighbors and your fellow citizens and pick you up and put you back in the fight.

That's what America's all about. I believe in this country. I believe in its future. I believe in its greatness. It's been my great honor to serve it for many, many years.

And I'm asking the American people to give me another opportunity and I'll rest on my record, but I'll also tell you, when times are tough, we need a steady hand at the tiller and the great honor of my life was to always put my country first.

Thank you, Tom.

----

Let's not talk about them, the president to be, it's not my country anyway. :p

About the question : What you don't know and how will you learn it?

There're so much things that I don't know. 

I don't know the future is one thing for sure. I don't know what to react the future is another thing. I don't know is bad in this life is really bad and vice versa, good is really good. I don't know how is the good regret. I don't know what people are thinking or even what they think about me. I don't know who loves me as I do love him/her. I don't know who hates me. I don't know ANYTHING.  (the list would be long as i keep writing. haha)

Arrgggghh.. $)&#&&*$^&^#$& 

What I don't know? I can't even answer the first question how can I elaborate it, how I will learn about it?

WHAT ABOUT YOU?? MAYBE YOU KNOW.. 

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

6 Comments

  1. Anonymous |

    OBAMA!!huhu colongaan

    Bener Ndah, we dont know lots of things in this life, but it should be a good reason to be a better person today than yesterday.

    we never know what we dont know until we 'know' that we don't know it.. hahaha riweeh ngomongnyaaa.. tapi kita bisa cari tau! Setiap hari belajarlah sesuatu yang baru... so we know more

    tentang diri kita
    tentang orang2 disekililing kita
    tentang alam semesta
    tentang segalanya.. sampai keesokan harinya..

    plus, ga usah terlalu keras terhadap diri sendiri, kadang, what you don't know wont kill you. Kalo life seems like a complicated puzzle, just solve it one by one, piece by piece and semuanya akan jadi lebih jelas...

     
  2. c-mun-joon-tuck |

    i don't know what hell feels like, and i don't wanna know..

    i don't know what life would be without a reason, and i can't imagine it anyway..cuz then it ain't life..

    i don't know about tomorrow,
    what'll happen to me,
    what'll happen to my family,
    what'll be my job, if i'll ever have one..
    who'll be my wife, if i'll ever meet her..
    but i know somebody who does, and i trust the guy knows what's best for me anyway.. even if i don't need to know now..

     
  3. Reza |

    hai neng,

    nice post ;)

    anyway, i totally agree with you about that long list we're gonna have if we were to list what we dont know, so dont make that list.

    what you, me, and everyone else need is a list of "what i need to know"

    "What i need to know to make myself happy?" for instance..
    lets say the answer is "I'll be happy if i graduate in June '09" Fine...and then you need to ask yourself "What i need to know to allow me to graduate in June '09"...and so forth...

    Or if the answer to the first Q above is "Getting back with my ex-boyfried" (remember our last conversation ;p), then you need to answer "what i need to know to allow me to get back with my ex-boyfried" and so on...

    start with small things, there's so much goin' on in this world, set your priorities [or throw darts to a random list ;p], and begin answering your own questions

    Oh, dont forget, you can always ask your friends and love ones for answers when it gets too much too handle ;)

    very nice post!

    ps: i particularly love the "I don't know is bad in this life is really bad and vice versa, good is really good" part

     
  4. melur |

    ndah ayo donk apdet lagi ;)

     
  5. blackandikauda |

    hmm..
    pertanyaan keren..

    actually, i still dunno how to regard and say thank to God in a good way..

    perhaps...day by day time will teach me to reach the right answers..

     
  6. Indah Puspita Rani |

    aih..
    gw tergelitik ama jawban reza..

    hahahaha.. let me just smile.. :))

    well

    if we don't know.. maybe that's better..
    so.. just put it there.. don't touch..

    What we need to learn right now, i guess..
    what you're not sure..
    You slightly know about it, but you are not sure..

    then we need to make it clear.. learn about it.. what was wrong and what was right.. then make yourself sure..

    I guess.. :)

     

Post a Comment